SPADE Double Bend, Black smooth, 8/9 oz. ave. 23 ft2/pc.
Native European Steer/Young Bull Double Bend (Double-Croupon) slowly Veg-tanned with a mix of our secret antique recipe including Oak, Chesnut, Mimosa and Quebracho tannin extracts.
Vegetable-tanning is the true traditional way of tanning a hide. Veg-tanning has always been the old-worlds inalienable material for decades. This artisanal process takes advantage from several tannic acids naturally found in plants, by using the tree barks, branches and leaves. It has the most beautiful smell of nature such as wood and earth.
- Tanning: 100% Vegetable tanned
- Content: European Steers / Young Bulls / Ox Heifers
- Grain: Tight and small grain structure.
- Finishing: Full grain, dyed thru, then analine finished, has the perfect deep anilin look.
- Quality: There is absolutely no fire brands/marks, may have some natural defects.
- Range and Average square feet: Range 19-25 ft2, average 23,00 ft2/pc..
- Size measures: Width 52 - 60 inches, Lenght 55 - 63 inches (130-150 cm x 140-160 cm)
- Substance: Tanning and substance is controlled to perfection.
- Ideal for: Good for Belting, Holsters, Equestrian goods, Moulding, Tooling, Embossing, Motorcycle Bags and all Leather Accessories.
(gauged in 3 different spots)
- 5/6 oz. (2.0/2.4 mm.)
- 6/7 oz. (2.4/2.8 mm.)
- 7/8 oz. (2.8/3.2 mm.)
- 8/9 oz. (3.2/3.6 mm.)
- 9/10 oz. (3.6/4.0 mm.)
- 10/11 oz. (4.0/4.4 mm.)
- 11/12 oz. (4.4/4.8 mm.)
(Satra Standards - 2017)
- for 5.000 ft2 of more;
60 % A Grade
30 % B Grade
10 % C Grade
Per piece based on average square feet.
Available derivative articles and descriptions:
- IDA Naked natural grain
- NUBUCK Buffed grain with fine paper
- SPADE-M Dyed thru, full grain, analine fin., milled
- DIAMOND Dyed thru, full grain, semi-analine finished, printed
- PULL-UP Dyed thru, full grain, oily fin.
- LATIGO Dyed thru, full grain, excess oiled fin.
- CRAZY Dyed thru, full grain, oiled waxed fin.
- CLUB Dyed thru, corrected grain, finished, printed