IDA Double Bend, Natural, 11/12 oz. ave. 23.5 ft2/pc.
Native European Steer/Young Bull Double Bend (Double-Croupon) slowly Veg-tanned with a mix of our secret antique recipe including Oak, Chesnut, Mimosa and Quebracho tannin extracts.
Vegetable-tanning is the true traditional way of tanning a hide. Veg-tanning has always been the old-worlds inalienable material for decades. This artisanal process takes advantage from several tannic acids naturally found in plants, by using the tree barks, branches and leaves. Its natural appearance has a slight beige color coming from the plant extracts, which changes to a caramel tone with a natural patina over time. It has the most beautiful smell of nature such as wood and earth.
- Tanning: 100% Vegetable tanned
- Content: European Steers / Young Bulls / Ox Heifers
- Grain: Tight and small grain structure.
- Finishing: Naked full grain, natural with no finishing, no printing.
- Quality: There is absolutely no fire brands/marks, may have some natural defects.
- Range and Average square feet: Range 18-22 ft2, average 23,50 ft2/pc.
- Size measures: width 52 - 60 inches, lenght 55 - 63 inches (130-150 cm x 140-160 cm)
- Substance: Tanning and substance is controlled to perfection.
- Ideal for: Good for Belting, Bags, Holsters, Equestrian goods, Moulding, Stamping, Tooling, Embossing and all leather accessories.
(gauged in 3 different spots)
- 5/6 oz. (2.0/2.4 mm.)
- 6/7 oz. (2.4/2.8 mm.)
- 7/8 oz. (2.8/3.2 mm.)
- 8/9 oz. (3.2/3.6 mm.)
- 9/10 oz. (3.6/4.0 mm.)
- 10/11 oz. (4.0/4.4 mm.)
- 11/12 oz. (4.4/4.8 mm.)
(Satra Standards - 2017)
- for 5.000 ft2 of more;
60 % A Grade
30 % B Grade
10 % C Grade
Per piece based on average square feet.
Available derivative articles and descriptions:
- IDA Naked natural grain
- NUBUCK Buffed grain with fine paper
- SPADE Dyed thru, full grain, analine fin.
- SPADE-M Dyed thru, full grain, analine fin., milled
- DIAMOND Dyed thru, full grain, semi-analine fin, printed
- PULL-UP Dyed thru, full grain, oily fin.
- LATIGO Dyed thru, full grain, excess oiled fin.
- CRAZY Dyed thru, full grain, oiled waxed fin.
- CLUB Dyed thru, corrected grain, finished, printed
- Natural (Special recipe of Veg extracts gives a soft beige shade which is called natural color. Most preferred by customers).
- Natural nubuck (Natural color grain is slightly buffed with the finest buffing paper to give the grain a perfect nubuck touch).
- Corrected and dyed thru.
- Pull-up black (oily, waxy).
- Pull-up brown (oily, waxy).
- Pull-up tobacco (oily, waxy).